Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Passport Outtakes

When Matthias was three weeks old, Philip and I had to take him to the post office to apply for his passport. We decided to take our own photos to avoid any meltdowns at CVS or the like. We knew we would need a picture that would satisfy the following criteria from the state department website:

1. Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open.


2. Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm).


3. Center head within frame.
4. The minor child must be the only subject in the photo. Nothing used to support the minor child should be in the camera's frame, including the arms or hands of a parent holding the child.


4. Encourage subject to have a natural expression.


So, here's what we ended up with:


I can't believe how much bigger he's gotten since then. At not quite three months, he's already trying to commandeer the remote control!





4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I don't know why, but this cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, those are funny Katie! They look like baby mug shots. :) I'm looking forward to following your adventures on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable sweet little guy! Baby mug shots - haha! I just read that under the post before me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! This totally made my morning! I never considered the inherent difficulty of getting a good baby passport photo, but it makes so much sense. Most of our photography was done while baby was sleeping for the first couple of months... hmmm, wonder why?

    ReplyDelete